Retain The Best: Confront The Rest
The notion of having one job and having it for life does not hold any appeal for the new generation of talent. Those days are gone forever and unless organizations are willing to invest in them emotionally and financially‚ this savvy group will seize opportunity and leave you scrambling to replace them.
What can your construction business do to implement effective, long-term recruitment and retention strategies as competition for talent continues to grow? The answer lies in enhancing your understanding of the age dynamics and changing composition of the workplace.
Are you ready to make employee retention your highest priority?
- Create a workplace culture that fosters talent retention
- Develop an unbiased viewpoint and flexible approach to bring out the best in yourself and your team
- Apply positive communication and influence to team members, regardless of age and cultural background
- Deepen your understanding of of collective wisdom as it applies to teamwork, motivation and engagement
- Learn “why we leave” and “why we stay”…Grasp the meaning of “push” and “pull” (employee disengagement) factors
Born in Australia and now residing in Vancouver, Michelle Ray is a leadership expert and workplace relationships strategist who demonstrates a deep understanding of personal accountability, team dynamics and interpersonal communication. As a sought – after international keynote speaker, she has addressed associations and corporate audiences in diverse industries including construction, mining, oil and gas, healthcare and safety. Michelle has earned the Certified Speaking Professional Designation, held by less than 800 people worldwide. She is a contributor for the Globe and Mail Leadership Lab Column and author of Lead Yourself First! Indispensable Lessons in Business and in Life.
For additional information about Michelle, please visit www.michelleray.com
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Session Date: May 4, 2018
Session Time: 10:30 am